I need 5 clones of myself to improve our sales results and marketing content.
- I need one clone to go out and sell our services.
- I need one clone to code and design our sites, landing pages, emails, etc.
- I need one to manage my email, calendar, bookkeeping, etc.
- I need one clone to be a copywriter.
- I need one clone to manage our own email marketing campaigns.
I need…I need…I need…
Guess what? That’s not going to happen. (Actually…that might happen in my lifetime. We’ll see.) However, there’s a way to leverage yourself and other people to execute every element in your business that’s missing.
That’s what this blog post is all about – leveraging every marketing dollar and every moment of time you have to maximize results. Some might call that productivity.
- Selling – Here are a few other ways to sell your product or service without having to do it all yourself:
- Affiliate Programs: You can do joint ventures with other companies. If you mention a book in one of your pieces of content, you can link to it in Amazon.
- Independent sales consultants: You can hire people on a part time consulting basis (thus avoiding major expenses) and pay them 100% commissions (thus avoiding any risk).
- Automation: You can use 3rd parties such as Amazon to sell your product for you. Or have the entire sales process automated on your website.
- Coding and Design – There are a ton of resources that offer coding and design services. The difficult part is finding someone good that you work well with. The only solution to that is to try a few different people until you find someone good. Here are a few resources you can use instead of trying to clone yourself (which might be a bit odd to have to manage yourself…you might butt heads)
- Freelancer: Great resource for content creation, logo design and even website design.
- Odesk: Similar to Freelancer.
- Virtual Assistant: Tim Ferriss (one of my favorite authors/podcasters/teachers/other) wrote a lot about this in his book The Four Hour Work Week. Here are two great resources for finding good virtual assistants: Virtual Staff Finder and Virtual Assitant Reviews.
- Copywriter: Most business owners know by now that content marketing is critical to their business. (Read this blog if you want to know what will happen if you avoid content marketing.) Here are a few resources for copywriters:
- Contently: Not the cheapest, but a great source for content.
- The Content Authority: Another great content resource.
- Friends and Family: Is there anyone in your own personal network that is good at writing?
- Email Marketing: Well, this is an easier solution for me to figure out considering this is Mingle Media’s primary service. There are a lot of good ESPs (Email Service Provider) out there, but we exclusively use Constant Contact. It’s easy to use, the customer service is excellent and it’s not expensive.
If you don’t want to wait for cloning technology to catch up, I recommend you begin outsourcing and leveraging your time and money. Let me know how it works and if you need any help, feel free to contact us.
To you continued success,
Hendrik de Vries