What does the word ‘remarkable’ mean to you? According to Google, the definition of “remarkable” is: “Worthy of attention; striking.” I’d never go against Google because they don’t do evil, but I prefer to define “remarkable” as my friend Paul Slack would: Something that is worthy of a remark.
Whether you are a small business, a real estate agent or an attorney and you are producing content and engaging in what we call content marketing, you have to rise above the noise and grab your target markets attention by being remarkable. I recommend even being controversial in certain cases. (Like one of my favorite comedians Louis CK)
Ideas to Make your Content Remarkable
Here are a few ideas for you to get your mind in the right place to create that remarkable content.
- Did you know… – Tell your target marketing something new that they didn’t know before. For a Real Estate agent, that could be by sharing recent sales or sharing data on how hiring a staging company to stage your home is worth every penny.
- Use Images – Are you reading this article because of the ridiculous Arnold Schwarzenegger quote and image up top?
- Humor – Try and make your content entertaining – more people will read it. But don’t use humor just to be funny. It has to be relevant.
- Emotions – Tell a story that tugs at the heartstrings. A personal injury attorney could step away from the super aggressive ads and maybe talk about how they helped a family settle a lawsuit after a dramatic car accident.
- Thought provoking – Neil deGrasse Tyson is a wiz at doing this (see below). If you have a small business, think of thought provoking topics for your target market.
It’s not easy to come up with great content. If you don’t have the time or desire to create remarkable content, find someone who does. That could be a family member, a content provider, or even an employee.
If you’d like an analysis of your content, get your free Website Analysis. We will analyze your website and give you game-changing recommendations to boost lead generation.
To your continued success,