In the ancient city of Dagobah lived Guideall, the Wise One, and many there were who came to him for counsel, which he gave freely to all, asking nothing in return. One day there came to him a man who had spent much but got little and asked: “Tell me, Wise One, what shall I do to receive the most for that which I spend?”
Guideall answered: “A thing that is bought or sold has no value unless it contains that which cannot be bought or sold. Look for the Priceless Ingredient.”
“But what is the Priceless Ingredient?” persisted the man. Spoke then the Wise One. “My son, the Priceless Ingredient of every product in the market place is the honor and integrity of the name that made it. Consider their name before you buy.”
Priceless Ingredients to Build Your Name with Honor and Integrity
Have you ever “spent much, but got little” from your online marketing efforts? Ever wasted money on an SEO Agency that disappeared after a few months? Spent a bunch of money on a website that hardly gets you any leads? The Wise One has 3 Priceless Ingredients for your online marketing efforts that will boost lead generation up to 10x what you’re getting now. We’ve seen these ingredients work for our clients. You’re about to learn how to make them work for you.
Priceless Ingredient #1 = Trust
Confidence You Can Sign For, Trust You Have to Build
When you sign a contract, you gain a reasonable amount of confidence. When you sign a contract to buy a new home, that signed contract gives you confidence that the house is yours. But anyone who has bought a house before knows that a lot can happen between signing that contract and actually moving into your beautiful new home.
Trust you have to build. Trust comes by foot, but leaves by horse. It begins by educating your audience with valuable content that they can use. Or by being a trusted advisor and guiding your customers to the right decisions.
Once you’ve gained the trust of your audience, only then will they buy from you. As the Wise One said, “Consider their name before you buy.” Is your business a trusted name in your industry?
Priceless Ingredient #2 = Provide Value
Next time you’re in a bookstore or on Amazon.com, look how many books there are in the “Self Help” section. Answer = A lot! I’ve always wondered why there isn’t a “Help Others” section. No matter what business you’re in, you’re in the business of helping others. You’re in the business of solving problems.
Your customers want to know what’s in it for THEM? Even if you’re in a “boring” industry, you’re still solving a problem for your customers. Solve problems for others and they’ll love you forever!
How to Be a Problem Solver
First of all, you need to have a deep understanding of your customer. What do they need? What problem do they have that you can solve for them? Once you know that, then there are many ways you can build your “Help Others” section. For example:
- How To = People love “how to” tips. Any industry can provide a library of “how to” guides relevant to the interests of your audience.
- Toolkit = People love tools they can use to make their life easier. Give your audience the tools they need to make their day just a little bit easier.
- Worksheet = Provide a valuable worksheet for your customer. Depending on your industry, the worksheet provides a simple process that solves a problem. For example, if you are a fitness trainer or dietician, you could provide the “Worksheet to Lose Your Belly Fat in 30 Days”.
The point is to provide value and build a relationship with your audience. The more value you deliver and the more you demonstrate to your audience what your product or service can do for them, the more likely they are to buy from you.
Priceless Ingredient #3 = Make It Easy to Act
So you’ve provided tremendous value to your audience, gained their trust, and demonstrated what you can do for them. Now it’s time to tell your audience what action to take next and make it easy for them to act.
Minimize risk and make it easy to do business with you. Make the decision to act a ‘no-brainer’ for your customers. A few risk-reduction methods you’re probably already familiar with are the free test-drive (software or vehicles) and the money back guarantee. The key is to clearly set expectations and be clear on what’s going to happen next.
Here are a few other ways to minimize risk and make it easy to do business with you:
- Giveaway: Give free education (see Problem Solver section above). Or give away a free sample so your customer can start feeling what it’s like owning your product.
- Guarantee: Have a money back guarantee, satisfaction guarantee, or a “no questions asked” return policy. If you’re providing a service, have a results-driven guarantee like, “If our energy and waste management services don’t save you $500,000 in the next year, get all your money back.” Be bold with your guarantee! Boldness shows confidence in your product or service.
- Test Drive: Let your customers try your product or service for free before they buy – with no strings attached. “Use our software for free for 30 days. When you realize you can’t live without it, then, and only then, will we take any of your hard earned money.”
We recommend having a call-to-action at the end of everything – every page on your website, every blog, every email, every social media post, etc. The call-to-action does Not have to be to buy anything. It could even be “homework” as Nikki Elledge Brown, “The Communication Stylist”, does so well at the end of her blogs.
They key is clarity:
- Clearly state what you’re giving and of course the benefits.
- Clearly state the outcome it will produce. Demonstrate an outcome that is valuable and verifiable. For example: “happiness” = No – not verifiable or tangible…” more sex” = Yes – verifiable and tangible (literally).
Priceless Ingredients in Action
Here’s my not-so-veiled attempt to put the 3 ingredients to online marketing success into action: Your first “homework” assignment is to get your free website analysis. The website analysis will guide you to two game-changing outcomes:
#1 = You will gain actionable insights on how to generate 10x the leads from your website.
#2 = You will discover where leads are falling through the cracks and how to fix those cracks.
Your second “homework” assignment is to share with everyone (in the comments below) how you’re using the 3 priceless ingredients to boost lead generation at your company.
To your continued success,